seriously, I have much to tell... :)

01 September 2008

a grocery shopping trip

I'm so proud of myself for a whole full minute today. I actually used those reuseable shopping bags to carry my groceries! I looked around, trying to inspire the aunties and uncles as I purposefully fill my stuff into my shopper bag. I have always told myself I need to start doing it but never did remember to bring the shopper bags. Bring a bag today! YOU can make a difference.

Honestly speaking, it is much more comfortable to carry the load with a shopper bag. Plastic bags are so yesterday, no? haha.


Anyways, I took a cab today. There are days when you get crappy taxi drivers (most days actually), there are days when you get indifferent taxi drivers and then there are days you get interesting taxi driver. I mean, I got into a cab with a very old uncle driver without teeth in an even older cab and ended up crashing into a curb. Omg. I know. Today, I got an interesting driver who grooved to The Best of BeeGees. I think.

From Tragedy to To Love Somebody, the chinese uncle, whom I initially thought was fidgety, was actually totally enjoying himself silently singing the BeeGee's hits. I was like, wow. Then I thought maybe he was listening to Light FM but then upon curious inspection, he actually had a CD player (wah) and this was definitely one of those No. 1 hits compilation CD of some sort.

Later on, he remembered he had a passenger, moi, and proceeded to ask which route is the shortest. I said, "I dunno". Then he asked, "Huh! You dunno how to go home one?!" and laughed and shook his head. -_- I mean, just drive la. At the same time, can pay attention on the road?

Anyways, in the final 5 minutes in his cabby, I also found out that he likes Batman and had an unidentified action figurine, complete with the batmobil. Totally eccentric. Anyways, he was so into his songs he missed a turn. I was like, "Uncle, here I know. Must turn!". Hah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

im trying to imagine how ur bag look like...wahaha

l3nny_xmn said...

Hahah... very interesting driver... but luckily he never forgot you were there.. In his cab!

Tzy Wen said...

haha how many reusable bags did you have to bring?

i admit i still use those plastic bags because it's so convenient and I can use them for the trash bin at home

yvonne lee said...

andy, well, it is the normal cloth bag to encourage ppl to recycle.. mine's the maxis broadband one. got from pc fair!

lenny, ya.. and it is not even saturday night!

tzy wen, i brought only one! it is big enough for my stuff... including a 3kg bag of Top detergent. no kidding.

Tzy Wen said...

no kidding? i usually need to push the trolley to my car hahaha i have one green shopping bag from giant, but it's too small for anything bigger than a box of cereals :S

yvonne lee said...

erm,tzy wen, maybe you should get bigger shopper bags.. bring a few la... when i go major grocery shopping with my housemates, we bring 2 each...
btw, nice to know u.

Tzy Wen said...

yea, will do. nice to meet u too