seriously, I have much to tell... :)

13 July 2008

So, so Red

Last Friday night, I arrived in Kluang at about 11.10pm. I was tired and in a daze but I was having a nice supper with my family. While eating and gossiping and feeling like I was high, my phone suddenly buzzed. I received a message from my one of my ex-classmates. Looked serious to me so I read it twice.


"I hv a question.. If u focus on studying hard, getting gud grades, getting gud job & in the end, still find urself unsuccessful. Would u tell ur child 2 do the same?"

I scrolled down further to look for an answer in the SMS. I read it again and realised that it was not an inspirational forwarded SMS.

This got me thinking.


What year is it?! Am I thirty already??


Oh. Still 22 years old and counting. Phew. I didn't just miss out the estimated 8 years of my life.


I replied, "Are you drunk or are you on drugs?"

This is not like him at all. He is not the kind who would be drunk or be on drugs which added to my confusion.


"Ha2. I'm still sober. ;) jz curious ;)"

Oh. Phew.

At this point, I figured that he was doing a minor research after some soul searching and probably will blog about it. hmm. Must find out if he has a blog.

I replied, "How many ppl did u ask? Anyways, tell your child to do his best and follow his dreams :)"

Now I wonder if he already has a child. How old are we again? 22 right??


"Um, 10? Jz sum questions from my observations..;). sum even replied dunno how to answer.. ;) cheers and keep in touch.. ;)"

He kept on winking ;) so I felt compelled to ask:

"Is your girlfriend pregnant?"


To which he denied.


Anyways, I did my own little "survey" recently too. I randomly asked a few people (of different age, ideas, profession, tastes etc) if I should colour my hair blond. I just felt doing something to my hair.


Almost everyone said NO, BAD IDEA or JUST GO BROWN.

Only Murni, true to her Go For It nature, said WAH! YES!


Anyways, since majority said no to blond, I decided on Red. :) it is pretty harmless. I've seen people colouring red. You've probably seen it too. It is like red, maybe not, maybe is, only visible under bright light. OK-lah. Not too crazy right.


I went to this hair salon in Kluang which I go to if I ever go to one in Kluang called Shann. The guy who did my hair was this young dude with a patch on top of his head coloured white and the middle of the patch in bright yellow. Try imagining an egg prepared sunny-side up. But it is rather interesting to me. Like a little Canary has just decided to nest on top of this head. But still cute.

Canary boy (I say boy because I think he is very young. Prob 20 only) was very efficient and quick. Like an Italian waiter. Or like that crustacean in Finding Nemo that does the cleaning in the fish tank. Like, now you see, now you don't. I picked a colour that was not too obvious because it was my first time and chose to do highlights instead and he quickly set to work without further a do. I wanted to tell him to slow down even.

Anyways, my hair turned out really, really RED.


This photo is like a muted version. The real colour is unbelievably RED. I guess it is because my hair is very fine that it turned out redder than I have expected. Well, I actually liked it. Just worried about whether it will match my face, my personality and most importantly, because we were going to have a family steamboat dinner in my house, what will grammy say, what will aunties and uncles say, what will mom and dad say. oh-oh. I think I just did a boo-boo.


Anyways, there were also concerns about what my boss will say. My colleauges, whom I SMS-ed immediately after, said, "Don't worry lah."


The results was not like my previous brown highlights done at Toni & Guys. This is the difference between a RM100 highlight job compared to a supposed RM300 highlight job. T&G actually painstakingly chose tiny tiny bundle of hair to colour and even used different shades and took me 3-4 hours. But here, of course, they don't do it that way. I have bigger streaks which might look like patches if not careful. Now, I'm not sure if I should feel terrible or not. But I decided to like it.


Canary Boy gave a pretty good service and even did a very good job with the hair-wash. I mean, next time you go for a hair-wash, get a guy. Because they are stronger and give better massages and they don't (usually) have those dangerous nails scratching your scalp.

So I decided to like it. See how much a difference good service do to your organization? If the service is good, people are more likely to overlook the little glitches here and the little un-met expectations there. But if the service is bad, people will have loads to say to loads of people. Like this post.



On another note, I had durians!!

It has been a looong time.

My dad executing his skills.


Sticking to traditions, we sat/squat on the floor to eat durians.
I prefer the yellow-fleshed ones!


Me eating with a spoon and tiny bowl.

Benefits of eating with a spoon includes:

1) no smell on hands (which could last for days)
2) no transfer of germs from hands to durians to stomach
3) if the phone rings, I still can go pick up
4) no wastage of durian which normally will stick to all fingers

:D


2 comments:

Philip said...

u've gone wild wild wild my dear! and the person replied u "Don't worry lar!" was Shiow Ling~ am I right? =D

oh yea yea 1 more thing, THATS NOT THE WAY TO EAT DURIANS LAR!!!! YOU'RE BREAKING THE EATING-DURIAN-ETIQUETTE~

yvonne lee said...

wild?? that's so far away. it just turned out redder than i expected!

it was both shiowling and presee!

about the durians... aiya... to each his/her own la...