seriously, I have much to tell... :)

06 July 2008

work hard, beach harder

Oh, I totally loved my little break in Perhentian!


My sis and I took a flight to Kota Bharu, Kelantan and then a long limo ride to the jetty and then a speed boat ride to Perhentian, right to the resort's doorstep (literally!). It was a long journey but rather pleasant. I was impressed by how efficient things were. The Skybus from KL Sentral, the fuss-free flight, the KB airport limo, the speedy speedboat. The well-dressed and friendly limo driver was even waiting for us with my name printed on an A4 paper. I mean, I expected some 'Puduraya scenario', chaotic and messy with people shouting out my name (mispronounciation too). But none of that!

My name was printed as:

MS. YVO
NNE



I guess because he wanted it to be huge and MSWord will not fit everything into one single line. In Cooper font somemore. Centralized and Caps Locked too. Haha. Anyways, I expected a sturdy old Nissan Sunny taxi but got a smooth Waja limo complete with leather seat. Wah. Brow-raising.


Now, everyone can fly(to Perhentian)!


It was very stressful to sit in this row of seats. In case of an emergency which warrants an evacuation, it will be my duty to open up this exit door. What if it doesn't open?!!
And why am I always involved with evacuations?


A while ago...

I took the role of the Fire Marshal during an evacuation exercise in the absence of my boss. Oh boy.


Anyways...

This is the map of Perhentian. The little green spot is where I went. Named Flora Bay.


View from the speedboat


First look of the resort from the speedboat (which left our hair totally out of place)


The rock (which we later climbed onto and pretended to be beached)
(and I got my calf scratched by some nasty shellfish)
(also saw a crab fighting with another crab; Are crabs territorial?)

First day excitement


Still fair and not sunblocked yet


Second day onwards...
hammocking

"wah"



me and my staple teh tarik (complete with sunbeam)
I was impressed. The teh tarik was as good as the ones you can get from an authentic mamak stall. Really good.


They are very serious about the teh tarik's froth here in Flora Bay.

Let's go into details about the hammocks...

My new-found love - the Hammock

There were three nice ones in front of our room but the most comfy one is on the right



As you can see, mine has holes everywhere. I figured so that I can put one foot down to swing myself from side to side. "I shall get that comfy hammock tomorrow!"

I tried to ignore the huge gaps. Anyways, was reading 'Merde Actually' and reignited my reading habit. This book is very funny! as in LOL funny. Have since bought Merde Happens too. :D

Some random things I see while I'm on the hammock:

the resident squirrel of the palm tree from which the 3 hammocks meet

The little sunbeams caught my eyes as I swayed side to side (complete with little rainbow)

The PADI diving school hut with strict cleanliness requirements as they have tiled their floors - "Strictly no shoes, no sand, no wet wet!"

I created my own zen garden throught the "gaps" in the hammock

A cute cat looking suspicious... must have crapped somewhere.

My drink of choice

I finally got the good hammock! See, no holes!

A pirate-themed speedboat taxi complete with a pirate-like rasta driver was spotted on the shores of little friendly Flora Bay.

Some more random pictures...

To include into my Feet Shots series which I'm compiling
Btw, I made friends with the resort Public Area Assistant (aka the guy who sweeps up dried leaves from the surrounding) and does he do a good job or what?

Thanks to him, I found out exactly where I should stand to get signal on my Maxis mobile. It seems my chalet was "Celcom's territory". No comments about DiGi.

We can also take taxi rides to other resorts around the island

You can never really get away from football... not even on a remote beach


Some kayak

We saw a little snake! Try spotting it!

An old "high five!" coral


I don't know what I will do without Topshop. Both the bikini and slippers were really good and comfy and exactly what I want.

Last minute photos before heading home.

SO typical ya. hehe!

I left my mark!

I shall nostalgically miss the hammocks


Basically, I just bummed around not doing much for 3 whole days. It was... refreshing.

Eat, read, take photos, sleep, swim, sunbathe (a little) and then repeat again.

Didn't go snorkeling or diving (Perhentian is one of the best diving spots in Msia). But I did do an hour of kayaking and I was so proud that after all that tough pedalling, my arms didn't hurt! :D Maybe I'm not as unfit as I thought. And then it was back to hammocking...


I know it sounds like it could be boring but it was actually very nice not doing anything for once. And at the end of it, I am actually energized for full-on action come Monday (tomorrow).

You work hard, you beach even harder.


And then you go back to working hard again.


Then I'll beach harder the next time around.


Can you say no to this?

6 comments:

Philip said...

yvon ah yvon, y u never get tanned one??

yvonne lee said...

haha.. i dunno!

i didn't purposely go and tan myself but i DID got kayaking for one whole hour and float around in the clear waters everyday... how come ah...

Philip said...

what's ur secret of keeping u fair and lovely? *smirk

Jonquina said...

Argh, I'm worried about tanning on my upcoming perhentian trip, but I'm glad to see that the resort that I'll be staying at is a nice place ;)

Anonymous said...

yvonne!
saya sangat cemburu!
i want to go too!!

Regards,
Hajar

yvonne lee said...

philip: why smirk at me ah!! well, just apply sunblock... not to avoid tanning but to avoid harmful side effects of the sun darling...

steffi: don't worry about the tan! it will only make your colleagues jealous... hehe

hajar: where have u been!! well, don't cemburu. just go! it is very people friendly. :D