seriously, I have much to tell... :)

07 June 2008

"Life's like a box of chocolates"

I had some snacks at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at The Curve the other night with Ardhan and Ivan. This restaurant is themed after one of my fave movies, Forrest Gump.

Well, er, nice theme.


They have these signs:

This "Stop Forrest Stop" one is to tell the waiters that you need their assistance.


This one which says "Run Forrest Run" is to tell the waiters to leave you to have your meal in peace.


Normally, I would have said, "Ooh! That's so novel and interesting!"

The main problem was that I have already read about it in some blog so...... aiya.

The waiter actually spent some good minutes explaining the mechanism of these signs to us when I have just explained it to both Ardhan and Ivan. We feigned interest.

Anyways, it was so cumbersome. We just waved for the waiters in plain, good old-fashioned way. We forget to use it sometimes.

I also thought that everyone have watched Forrest Gump at least once in their lifetime but somehow Ardhan didn't seem to know the movie. Only those who have watched the movie will be able to relate to the various design details of the restaurant ie: the drinks menu was stuck to a table tennis bat and etc.

The meal of mainly four types of prawns and calamari and salads was forgettable. I had quite similar stuff at Prego @ Westin before and I can't help but think that we should have gone to Prego. The calamari at Bubba Gump was so tiny. The one at Westin was like... sumptuous. Plus they have superb pizzas and pastas. But I guess I shouldn't compare two different worlds.


Anyways, eating with Indonesians, no matter what the main courses are, you are bound to order rice. I heard from a friend that they even have white rice with McD meals. Whoa.

But I guess the most interesting item on the table was the rice because...


they serve them like boobies.

*To Bubba Gump's credit, the rice was really nice. :)

Suddenly I heard Ivan and Ardhan complaining in Bahasa Indonesia. You don't need to understand the language to know that they are complaining because of their hilarious facial expression. I soon found out that their drinks sucked.


I proceeded to show off my drink which was superb in comparison. It was like lemonade with strawberries. Helped me digest my meal. Sorry I didn't bother to remember the names of the dishes and drinks. Just don't go for those yoghurt-y drinks.

-I thought the logo was very cute!-

At the end of the meal, we paid RM150. The very nice waiter came back with RM150.25. Aiya... It was a mistake. Of course we returned the money. He was so thankful. "You are all good-hearted people"

I suppose he should be Nepalese. I have some really good Nepalese staff in my hotel and I have total respect for them. They are really hardworking, they are committed and they make an effort to do their best on their job. Their main strengths are their humble disposition and their honesty which I do not doubt at all. Ivan too have one or two Nepalese staff at his outlet and have the same review.


I just felt glad that he didn't have to pay back the lost float if we decided not to care. It would have been quite a big part of his pay man.


I'll say that the staff at the restaurant made the meal a not-so-bad experience.

But still forgetable.

No comments: