seriously, I have much to tell... :)

27 May 2009

"yay! child pose!"

Today was my 6th yoga class and as I get more familiar to the various names of the poses, my yoga class seemed to get funnier.


Last time, when we don't hold our poses long enough, our yoga instructor will threaten us by saying "whoever drop out of balance first must do 10 chaturanga!" and nobody really reacted because.. er.. what's a chaturanga?

This is a chaturanga:



And now that we know what's a chaturanga, when she says "give me 5 chaturanga.." you can already hear us going "oh my gawwwd!!!"

Followed by the "urgh! urg! urpppp!"

My yoga instructor is super patient as she smiles and say, "OK good, now hold, hold, hold"

That's the favourite line: "Good, now hold, hold, hold"

And because she is so patient and nice, naturally you'll want to follow what she says and you go hold, hold..... not quite.. "aik!" *crash* *gets up quickly*... hold. Cheat at yoga!


Anyways, as the class gets smaller, the instructor has more opportunity to scrutinize your every pose/stretch/posture.



Just when you seem to be in a comfort zone with your Downward Dog, she comes to you and ask you to bend lower and have your legs go straighter. And another favourite phrase of hers: "OK, I'm coming to lend you a hand"

She says this ask she pushes you to your stretchability limits. Never did I know I can do that!

And during the one hour class, around the 45th minute, after we have stretched more than we can and held more than we could ever imagine, she will announce, "OK, now, get into a child's pose to relax yourself a little"

To which we will go: "Yay!!!"

"My favourite!"
"My comfort zone!"

amongst others exclamation of happiness. Well, there's not a lot of poses where we ALL excel in other than the Child's Pose.

You see, this is a Child's Pose:
Good right.


Anyways, I told my instructor that my aim/goal is to do the yoga handstand. And she duly did this:

"Is it this one?"

"Whoaaaa!!" went the class.

She said that some people can achieve this just after around 3-6 months of practicing yoga. Hontouni?!!

Cool. If I ever get to do this, I'll make sure I take a photo and post it here and even in Facebook.

1 comment:

l3nny_xmn said...

that's gonna be cool to see you with the last pose :D