seriously, I have much to tell... :)

26 April 2009

internet woes

OK, so with NO choice because I stay so many floors above ground I made a hasty decision on Saturday...


I signed up for Streamyx!


Shit. Suddenly I got this feeling like the kind of feeling you get when you finally made a decision and the decision is something that people frown upon. Is this matter something that I should march on ahead with or frown along?

hmmm...


The thing is, Streamyx has been having lotsa bad press if you ask me. However, my mom and dad uses Streamyx but does not seem to be having problems...so far... so.. this is a 50/50 thing.


Only time will tell. Let's see how efficient they are first. I was told to wait 3 days for them to call me to install the whatsit and then 2 days to deliver the modem whatsit. I will not have internet till the weekend! help!!!

Oh, right now I'm using the final day of my current Izzi and am glad. It all seemed fine and dandy at first but their customer service really really needs improvements. Not professional and they always have dodgy mobile numbers calling you to inquire on when is the last day of my top up, like, what the fuck? I should be asking you!! And there was once this guy called to say he can offer to sell the top up at a cheaper rate and I question him how will I know if he is really from Izzi and he decided to say, "Well, I'm calling you now to give you this offer!" Not the answer that I was looking for so I hung up.

Then suddenly, 2 days ago, some other guy called me on his mobile to "inform" me that I did not top up and would like to offer me to buy a top up from him and I said, no, I'm still surfing the internet and it is so slow by the way. Then he ask, oh, how many days do you have left before you need to top up. I said, I think you should be telling me, not me telling you. Then he proceeded to step on thin ice by asking me this , "what do you mean by slow?"

I said, well, picture this: I click to open my e-mail, I go out for dinner and I come back, the e-mail is not opened. So how?

He said impossible and I said this is what I am experiencing sometimes.

Then he decided to make an appointment to come over and check it out. OK, can give second chance. But he or his "technicians" did not call back. Too bad. It was promising but it died a sure death.

Anyways, all that shall be behind my ass now. However, the future seems to be rather dodgy too. haih...

1 comment:

gray said...

yeah izzi sounds dodgy indeed. streamyx is the lesser of the two evil