seriously, I have much to tell... :)

27 May 2008

A totally long and random post : My life at a glance

I just looked through the photos in my camera and found that I have quite a number of photos which I took from now and then. The last one I blogged about was the charity lunch one and so now, I shall do a total summary of everything. Rojak-rojak, you know.


1) Lipstik

I found this styrofoam cup in one of the training rooms and to my dismay, I had to get new cups for training.

Very creative vandalism :)


2) Sunlight

It is very rare to see sunlight on my way back. One day, I finally got a little bit!

Blur shot though...

3)J Co vs Big Apple

I have tried J Co doughnuts twice and finally got to try Big Apple's.

Verdict: Looks the same, taste also almost the same. Still prefer J Co. :D


4) Favourite breakfast

My favourite breakfast will have to be Bak Kut Teh at Teoh Heng's in Kluang, my hometown. In the morning while the air is cool and the sun is just peeking out from behind Gunung Lambak, this is the best taste anyone can get. I just had some on Mother's Day. :P

You don't get yam rice in KL. And we always eat this with dark soya sauce and chili padi.

Some of the treasures.
You don't get such beautiful pork ribs in KL. And such beautiful soup. Filled with many many beautiful pork ribs like this one. Yummers.
Maybe you do (in KL) but I just have not come across it. Must explore Klang. Soon.


5) Ta Pao (takeaway)

I like it when people make an effort to decorate food, even if it was just tapao-ed.



My Fried Glass Noodles in a styrofoam box had the condiments and stuff. I mean, yeah, whatever but I was pleasantly surprised so I took a photo.

6) Gardening

I told mom that I was going to grow a plant in the office and so have decided to be closer to nature by hanging out with her while she does gardening. I took photos of some changes in the garden at home... I love my garden. It may not be the prettiest but it was where I learn about nature and how ants will bite no matter what and how snails mate and how worms don't die when they are broken into two. Among others.

This is how a pineapple look like before it becomes...


...This!


~~~


Random plant which mom initially wanted to get rid of but survived and so mom decided to let it grow, feeling touched by its determination to strive on with survival. I think gardening has more than meets the eyes.

Mom was furious when the plumbers who came to re-do the water piping dug up the whole garden patch in front of the house. Now she has to re-plant the carpet grass. She does this little by little:


So that it will become this!:



7) Exploring another property

I went to our sister-hotel the other day to attend a training...

and guess what I found in the Financial Controller's office!:

He must dig "with great powers, come great responsibilities."

8) More shoes!

Just to wear in the office when feet cannot take heels anymore. Normally at 5pm. Anyways, Topshop was on sale so...... and it is cute! and comfy! and worth it! me like.


Blends in well at the office.


9)Ladies night

I went hopping with a bunch of drunkards... (haha!)
elaine, jenn, esmee, me
As you can see, everyone had their fancy-named-drink and I drinking :

Ladies and gentlemen - Sprite.

Ons. Very cool.


a change of club later, I saw and took photo with adam c!

Don't really know why and felt pretty the awkward but I just wanted to. :D
I watched you on Quickie 8TV last time!


I took photo with Superman too. He helped to get above pic. His initial plan was signing on my back. Erm... let's keep that for Justin Timberlake.

I took photo with a tiang too. because esmee went "yvonne, you should be in the photos! it's your camera!"okie dokie.


10) The Plant named Bobby


Bobby the plant. Not to be mistaken with my Facebook pet, Bobbee the Dragun. :)

Bobby had only 3 leaves when I bought him but he soon grew a few more leaves. They were healthy green and shiny until...

...some bitchy worm decided to eat them. Well, the worm has been found and after some screaming and drama, Bin caught it and flushed it down the WC. And it was never heard of again.


Just a few days back, a new leaf has surfaced! (see middle)

Good luck.

11) Trainee's Farewell

SO it was time for Taiwen, Shella and Peiching to leave (except for Taiwen who will be continuing one more week). What am I going to do without them?

My normally small workstation...


...has been converted into a small office in an office...

posers! haha.

anyways, even after the tables were removed, I still walk around the space because I was just so used to it.

Anyways, we cam-whored a little...


Sometimes we have discussions on the floor.....

I just wanted to see how I looked like in spectacles without opening my eyes and getting a headache... hehe!

Mushroom Head is still missing an arm...

Shella's favourite photo!

Anyways, their farewell was yummers because we brought them to our grill fine dining restaurant for a yummy dinner.

Featuring Wagyu Beef steak:



Anyways, just wanted to let you know that when you order just ice cream here, this is what you get:

and the pastry chef has thoughtfully wrapped lotsa choc chips within the icecream! :P

12) Round 2

went out with more drunkards but this time I had coke! whoa.

Nobody at all believed me when I said I'm allergic to alcohol. Nobody.

13) Indiana Jones


Met up with Ivan and finally watched Indiana Jones! No photos but I liked the whole familiar Indy-action-packed-scenes but don't really dig the plasticky skull.


14) Shabu Shabu


Went to a place called Shabu Shabu where it is steamboat with the raw ingredients displayed like sushi on a conveyor belt! Everyone gets their own personal pot and they just need to grab the food off the conveyor belt. I said GRAB because it moves so fast! Blink and you'll miss the fishballs! I could't really take a photo because it was too fast and turning on the flash might not be nice because I might flash those innocent people sitting opposite us.

The thoughtful folks at the restaurant even printed manuals on how to use the personal hot plate and pot.


Well, pretty safe and pretty hazard-free but there were lines like this:

"When smell something burning, smoky, turn off hot plate and let hot plate cool down"

I wanted to point out to Ivan and was just reading "When smell something burning..."

"Run away!"

I agree.

Anyways, I can't believe that I ate these very thinly sliced pork because there were clearly lotsa fat parts and I really cannot stomach eating fats. But it was so thin that I didn't even realize it. Cool.

15) Presee's Bday

It was Presee's birthday today!

We had a celebration in the office. :D

Notice how she acted surprised when she already know we were planning something. :D

Presee posing with the earrings and necklase set we gave her...

closer look

I have a pair of bling bling earrings too. Now we bling in sync! :D


OK. Off to bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

flip! looking good there!
i'm coming back in july!
WE MUST GO SHOPPING!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, well, yvonne..~ that's my fave one! u kno why hahahahahhaa... =D *laughin happily*

yvonne lee said...

agung : YES WE MUST! looking forward to your arrival!


shella : YES I KNOW! haha... ganbateh ya... :D

*sho* said...

so much to swallow... in-di-gest-ion.. :P vonne, we got the same halter boob tube! ;) u luk gut! muax!

yvonne lee said...

shobiee! drink vitagen! quick! :D

muax muax!

Philip said...

8. omg its so adorable! and the shoe telling me its comfy!


9. Adam C!!!!!!


11. AhhA! I spot Peiching!!! Just hope they had fun in HR ^^


15. HAPPIE BIRTHDAY PRESEE!!!