seriously, I have much to tell... :)

01 May 2008

omg, it is labour day!

*trainees talking of going to Chilis for dinner*
Me: Why do you suddenly want to eat dinner in Chilis?
Trainees in unison : Celebrate Labour Day tomorrow!
Me: Ya wor! It is tomorrow! *in disbelief*
Trainee : Ya! You didn't know? I have been counting down to this day for the whole week.
Me: I knew but I just didn't realise it is tomorrow. WHoa. *still in disbelief, trying to adjust thoughts*
Trainee: Tsk tsk. I'm counting down to Wesak Day next.

Immediately texted for backup plans and ended up with supper in PJ and coming up with next-day-plans of attending a sale. Ah. The bliss of not having to work on a normal weekday.


Anyways, decided to buy Cleo mag for some mindless reading and I came across this question : Are you a sleep-deprived bitch?

-Hell, yeah!-


I think that and add PMS to the whole picture and you get crazy yvonne. No wonder the trainees have recently decided to stock up some chocs in the office snack drawer. Which worked.

And while reading, a little booklet dropped unto my lap. Not unlike dropped-from-heaven style.

- Oh-OH-

Lately, they like to slot pamphlets and catalogs into mags and before this booklet, I already had a Watson's mini booklet and a G2000 booklet dropped onto my lap.

Well, anyways, this catalog booklet seem to have a bigger impact. Why?



-in the red box too!-

Anyways, have found the time to do some proper reading too. How To Be Brilliant! Why be good when you can be brilliant?

-very interesting read-

Well, it is a really good motivational book I must say but really need effort and commitment. I'm starting with baby steps!


Friend: How have you been?
Me: Brilliant!
Friend: Whoa.


Try it! Pass on the inspiration. Sometimes we just need that little bit to kickstart bigger attempts at being our better selves. I think maybe by saying "brilliant!" instead of good or so-so (when you actually do feel so-so) gives you the motivation to live up to what you're saying.


Right now, I'm inspired just by having the day off. Oh, Labour Day. How sweet the sound. It is like finding RM50 in your jeans backpocket but better because you get to bum around for a bit. :D

No comments: