seriously, I have much to tell... :)

06 September 2007

A good weekend-plus

Last weekend rocked. My colleagues and I went for a trip to Penang! Despite the fact that we know there will obviously be crazy traffic jams and very little time to spend there, we went.

7 of us in 2 cars. Here are my 6 other travel mates.

A sense of nostalgia hit me when we went throught the tunnel in Ipoh and saw all those beautiful limestone mountains. It has been such a long time...

The first thing we did when we reached Tambun was eat. We had seafood.

eek! That was our first dinner!

And then somehow I never got to feel hungry until our last food intake which was cendol before we left the next day. Look at the Fried Oyster in the middle!!! We had that at Gurney Drive. Murni must be so upset she couldn't come along. That was my favourite dish from the whole trip.

I tried to take photos of the Penang Bridge but everything was so dark and shaky... let's just think of them as artistic shots.

The next day we went to Shangri-La's two properties at Ferringhi. Finally! A beach!

Sun, sand, coconut three, rocks, sea. This was a fave picture spot.

We all could do with more chill time.

We also went to the Chi Spa. Philip, Ardhan and I decided to take lots of photos. This one was supposedly copying a love triangle advert. The landscape was really pretty and any lousy shot seemed still acceptable.


This is one of the funny ones. Mr. Tony didn't know he had to strike a pose.

Philip was everywhere.

The journey home took us twice the normal duration. 8 hours. All we see were cars, cars and more cars.

We tried our best to entertain Shiow Ling so that she won't be sleepy. It seems we did a great job. Philip even went a few steps too far with Ardhan but I shall not elaborate. It wasn't too roomy for us to sleep in the Myvi anyways so we sang, told stories, gossiped, and cam-whore some more.

The next day, we had to go back to work. Everyone was like moody and blur and hanging on to their cups of coffee. Murni was the only fresh face.

Anyhow, Philip boy came to the office and gave me a birthday present! So sweet!


So we now have a new friend in the office. The rest were also very sweet because they threw me a lunch party the next day. Domino's never tasted so yummy. :D The cake? It was ordered from our own pastry kitchen. It was super rich and super chocolatey and I liked it. Even with my name spelt wrong. Thank goodness I have made my love for chocolates clear from the start. ;)

The next day, we mere trainees were granted permission to have our hair styled by Peek-a-boo. They come once every two weeks and it is to ensure our staff are always well-groomed and well taken care of. They are very nice and skillful.

I got a trim. Burn had his crazy thick Amazonian hair "managed". Ardhan had his third haircut. The first time he did it on the sly and got an earful from our training manager. The second time was when our training manager asked him,"Can you do something about your hair?!" To which he replied, "Can I have Peek-a-boo cut my hair today?" Somehow our training manager just sayang him too much. Murni did some temporary curls because she is keeping her hair long for her coming wedding. She didn't like it and upon her request, I could only post this photo (below) if I cropped it.

There. Fresher faces. Ready to "delight the customers" and "go the extra mile for service". Erm, not that we are frontliners. Boooo.. ;)

2 comments:

*sho* said...

vonne vonne vonne
i love your pictures! i really really do... looking better and better by the minute there, hun!
^^ muax!

yvonne lee said...

thanks darl! you look good yourself too!! and i wish i was there in london... -_-.........