seriously, I have much to tell... :)

20 September 2007

"Fix You"

I think I have been spending too much time on my laptop for the past few days that I started doing things I don't normally do such as searching for forums and blogs and what little bits and pieces of news or articles on almost everything. Even property forums! Not that I understood much of what they were saying but I guess I sort of know a little bit on property investment now and which areas are good to buy property now. They even have rankings on the areas which have the most potential for profit. Ooh. I was browsing and browsing somemore when I suddenly realised that I did not turn on my WMP at all for all those hours spent at the pc!

So I created a new playlist from all those forgotten songs like the Andrea Bocelli's, Diana Krall's and so on. Easy listening was the order of the day. Not so much of the Black Eyed Peas and stuff. I have also started to like Imogen Heap's songs very much. Burn introduced some songs and then I found out that the other song which David sent me some time ago, Let Go by Frou Frou was actually Imogen Heap herself. Ooh. No wonder they sort of sound similar. Anyways, I was getting sort of melodramatic and then there was Coldplay. Coldplay's Fix You suddenly made me wanna cry. I dunno why. I decided to check out what people thought about the meaning of the song. (I told you I spend too much time on the laptop lately). Anyways, apparently Chris Martin wrote it when Gwyneth's father passed away and she was so upset and was crying and all. How sweet. I got goosebumps just imagining the kind emotions that was going on.


Some dude also thought that the song was written for broken toasters.
"When you lose something you can't replace..."


I just think the song is reassuring and even sort of like comforting. Someone will always be there for you. Probably try to fix your problem. Or just be there for you. I'm thinking Someone upstairs too.

"Fix You"

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listen to opera music and can recommend some great songs to you if you're interested.

yvonne lee said...

haha opera! sure.. bring it on maalimo! :)

Anonymous said...

Cool, just message me your email address and I'll send a few of my favourites as attachments!

walalo2001@yahoo.com

yvonne lee said...

yo! just send to my friendster hotmail address! thanks!