seriously, I have much to tell... :)

01 February 2009

Earth Ox Year!

Chinese New Year has come and today is the 7th day already. 8 more days to go! My colleagues Presee and Maxine were abuzz with reading their feng shui and eating jam tarts. It is the year of the Earth Ox! And I'm born in the year of the Ox!

"Does anyone have a compass around here?!" screamed Max once she got hold of the Feng Shui book from Ms Nora.

"So how, face east? West?" Presee querried. Krishna and I look on curiously.

"I can be your compass!" I volunteered and promptly stretched out both my arms with my right pointing to where I remember the sun rised (and burn my backside) and my left pointing to the supposed west la.

"OK, let's see your Pak Kua first. Ox, 1985, earth OX, woman, ok you are number 9."

"Whoa, Max, you can change jobs!"


Anyways, it was all for the fun of CNY. When else you can indulge in people telling you what to do and how to do it.

Don't wear black!
Don't say "die!"
Don't freaking sweep the floor!
Wear red!
Light fire crackers!
Toss yee sang!
Eat prawns!
Throw orange into river!
Eat crazy seaweed called Fat Choy!
Don't buy books! (??)
...and many more...


It is fun although sometimes you struggle to make sense of things.

Anyways, some photos from this CNY!

Yee Sang with colleagues!

back home! visit to the organice farm - they have flowers! And did you know that the tiny tiny black seeds in the dragon fruits can each grow into that huge plant which produces the fruits? Yes, it starts with that one tiny tiny seed!

Wah! Kluang has a new shopping mall! We have Big Apple Donuts and Secret Recipe and PDI and Sushi King. Whoa. Anyways, bought these slippers to commemorate the year of the Ox.

First day of New Year at Grammy's place of course... some shiok sendiri photos...


Barbecue at my place with family!Man, it was fun. So much food, so much coke, so many chicken wings, toooo many pineapple tarts. Time for exercise! Moo-!

No comments: