seriously, I have much to tell... :)

15 February 2009

Insufficient snooze

Yvonne's Health Journal Entry #3 (3rd so far I think, hehe):


My body is changing everyday and it is changing at an alarming rate! People say that once you hit 23 years old, you should start to take care of your body as you would advice your parents to. No more "aiya, I'm still young. Bak Kut Teh everyday, no problem! Later go gym la.." Oh no.


How true it is. I just recently reacted badly to milk (which I used to drink every night before I sleep!) and just yesterday, I reacted badly to coffee.

I used to have headache and little flutters in my heart after coffee and I get so hyper I start talking and talking and talking. People sometimes ask me to drink coffee for that. (!!). About an hour later, I'll be back to normal and I'll even get a good night's sleep after I worked out all that coffee. That's why I sometimes drink that before a night out. Hehe.

But yesterday was crazy! Headache and heart palpitations and difficulty in breathing. I even popped my head out my window to gasp for deep breaths in case it is my room that is stuffy. I really, honestly think I was dying!

(and coincidentally, I just unthinkingly told my colleague last week that I think I will die young).


SO, in summary, no more coffee for me for now. No alcohol either because that one will really kill me. And no milk. And no dust. I also make sure I eat at a fixed time everyday and thank God I have a cafeteria in the hotel. This is to prevent gastric. Aiyo.


These are times when you wish you are still staying with your parents. Dad will remind you and mom will cook nourishing, tasty food. *touching tears well up in eyes*

And guess what? I just tested my own limits when I just had a very hectic week at work this week. Maximum physical and mental activity with minimum sleep. Symptoms:

-hand shaking
-heartbeat very weird
-shortness of breath
-puffy eyes (no!)
-dry skin (sigh)
-unshiny hair (ayo!)

I think I should try to sleep 8 hours a day for 2 weeks and see what is the outcome. Will update after! In the meantime, I think I should start to cherish my life.

No comments: