seriously, I have much to tell... :)

15 March 2009

Forty days of serious crave

OK, I think I'm kind of torturing myself.

Give me some chocolates already! roar!


It is the Lent season and normally people would refrain/fast from something. Maybe to feel the pain that Jesus went through. For forty days.

And I decided on chocolates. This was decided when I was having my weekly jog around KLCC park with my colleagues Presee and Maxine. It wasn't difficult to decide.
I mean, I already don't get worldly pleasures like most people. Such as
-alcohol
-coffee
-cigarettes

...among other things.


So how? Chocolates lah. Noooooooooooo.... well, there is nothing else that I can think of. I eat chocolates everyday.

Sometimes as a morning snack on my way to work in the LRT. I eat some after lunch because I have a habit to eat something sweet after a meal and I personally don't like candies. So I go for the smooth, milky and sweet chocolates. I eat it as an energy booster (and sometimes mood booster) in the afternoon at work. If anyone goes to KLCC Suria and asks what I want to "tapao" from there, I'll go "get me some chocolates! I need to re-stock!" before I think of anything else to ta-pao. I eat some when I'm reading or watching TV or waiting for people. It is common to find a pack of M&Ms tucked in my bag for emergency chocolate needs (I'm serious). I even eat some before I sleep because it makes me happy, OK?.

Forty days.


No wonder I've been moody. urgh. What a toll.

I've been told that this kind of fasting is kind of meaningless because I don't frequently go to church. Oh well, since I have already put my heart to it and as long as I have the faith in my heart. :)


Forty days.

Positively thinking, I actually save a lot of money because I really eat a lot of chocolates. Let's see:

Weekly big Cadbury bar - RM6.99 x 4
Pocky - RM2.99 x around 4
M&Ms small pack - RM2.39 x 6
M&Ms big pack - around RM 5.00 x 2

Estimated Monthly Total = RM64.26

Hmm... maybe I should keep this up.

And I get healthier too:

Colleague : Yvonne, want anything from KLCC?
Me: ... just get me some juice...
Colleague : You sure?


The pain is magnified when...

"Yvoooooonne, here are some chocolates for you! I know you like chocolates. I bought this from Dubai!!"
*dramatic sad music, all lights go out and only spot light on me, already on my knees - why... why...
cannot breathe.

Forty days...

I'm SO going for chocolate brownies at Delicious at Marc after Good Friday.

Oh anyways, I found out about this heavenly brownies from a friend long time ago and have been having it a few times. I recently had a chat with a foreign tourist who was telling me about his experiences in KL and then he started talking about these same brownies. Haha. Small world. Described as "a piece of heaven compacted into a piece of brownie".

Forty days............

25 more to go...

5 comments:

gray said...

weekly cadbury X 4??
woman, u need to be weaned off them lo

Philip said...

yvooonnnneee....
the person gave u choco from dubai, is me?

if yes, THEN I'M TRUELY SORRY *begging continuously

yvonne lee said...

haha.. its OK philip.. i'm doing well...

you think so, gary? hmm...

Shawn said...

fasting on chocolates? seriously?

i find this hilarious! hahaha!

yvonne lee said...

it's not hilarious!! grr.