seriously, I have much to tell... :)

05 January 2009

salute to the aunties

Can't breathe.

Sweating. Cold.

Can't see clearly. Black and white dots.

OMG. Can't hear.

Legs are jellyfied. Can't stand. Need. To. Sit.



That's what happened in the LRT today and thank God for the aunties around me.

One pulled me to sit down. Another two fanned me. Then they pulled me out of the train at the next station amidst the crowd and keeping in mind to make sure I hold my bag in front of me while I recuperated.


I couldn't speak. I wanted water. I took out some money and asked the aunties to help me buy water.

"No need! I got!"

Whoa. Their bags are so full of handy things.

"Do you need plastic bag to vomit?"


All the other younger able-bodied people were just looking cluelessly. I can't remember. Or were they staring curiously?


After a while of accompanying, inclusive of reassuring words and loads of advice, they bade me farewell and asked me to be careful. They were like my mom. Lotsa advice. Lotsa eucalyptus ointment.


I couldn't thank them enough. The next time I'm rushing to the next destination, I will make sure I do stop and help a person in need if I see one because I now know the beauty of humanity.


Here is to all the aunties out there! Hugs. :)

2 comments:

Philip said...

tot u were saying "auntie". whoa blacked out kah? lucky u found good people.

gray said...

well done, aunties!