seriously, I have much to tell... :)

23 March 2008

on things

On F1

I love Kimi Raikkonen! Period.


On Easter


I was pretty sincere this year during Lent and have even fasted from meat on a few fridays and then came Good Friday. Mom cooked her vegetarian dish with the red preserved taufoo and as usual we headed to church. I was pretty sincere and wanted to kneel through all 14 stations. And I did! But I fainted in the following prayers. It is funny how my mom have to look after me. It should be the other way around. It is funny how she told me she didn't want to bring her handbag but she still had minyak cap kapak(medicated oil) with her! Moms will be moms. It is also funny how mom and dad tried to figure out why I fainted.

Not enough sleep?
-Erm, I woke up at 11 today... and I slept earlier than you guys.

Didn't eat!
-Erm, I finished all the Char Kueh you guys bought and also ate lunch with you guys before I came. I also took a bar of Kit Kat on the way here.

Your body is very weak!
-Erm, I am pretty OK. I passed the test for blood donation and even donated blood and didn't feel dizzy afterwards.

Must take herbs from now on!
-Erm, I did drink up all those chicken essence with ginseng from the Chinese New Year hampers.

Anyhow, I made it through Easter just fine.


On almost setting my kitchen on fire

It is funny how when you are in trouble the first thing you do is:

Shout, "MOM!!!"



It is also funny how when you set something on fire, the first reaction is to whack the fire.

That's what I did with a metal ladle until I realised that I looked stupid. I proceeded to turn off the gas and hoped for the best. I also realised later that my whack-the-source of fire-action could have caused a bigger problem - such as an explosion.


So my parents decided to have a simple steamboat meal at home. Mom's steamboat is all natural goodness as she does not believe in buying preserved fish balls and crab rolls. Just fresh meat, fresh fish, fresh squid, fresh vege in natural anchovies and mushroom soup. Then she asked me to light the little gas cooker. Well, we have one very traditional charcoal fire steamboat pot but that's too troublesome. We use that when we have steamboat out in the garden. Then we also have the little gas cooker with the steamboat pot. And then we also have option 3 which is an electrical steamboat pot cum grill. Non-stick none-the-less.

Anyways, so mom asked me to light the cooker and then went off. Probably watching korean drama but I was left unsupervised! The fire did come on but spread to the gas canister itself! Can you believe I was whacking the cooker?

Anywho, the little fire died before ANYONE came to see what was wrong. Can you imagine they wanted to try again? I was like NO F Way! I mean, I was like, "No way!" The electrical pot made its debut then. Ah. The beauty of electricity. I felt like I was in the era where the first vacuum cleaner was introduced. The little red pot worked beautifully and made our meal fast, easy and clean. I feel like doing a photoshop ad that reads "Be safe, be smart. Use electricity!" but I'm too lazy. Can't wait to learn more in my Level 2 training.


On not getting a lychee drink on the train

Second class was sold out and so I got first class. This was my second time and I thought the expensive tickets were worth it anyways because I should get:

-Spacious, comfy seat guaranteed to face the journey and in hues of pink
-To sit on my own
-Newspapers!
-Served cool drinks (I got dried lychee the last time)

This time:

-Yeah, spacious comfy seat on my own but the hues of pink have sort of dulled. I expected it to shine.
-Newspapers were hogged by the aunties and uncles. So not everyone gets a copy...
-I was given (not served) a bottle of mineral water which read Air Mineral Semulajadi Besta

And then 30 minutes later when they ran out of Besta mineral water, they gave the remaining passengers packet lychee drinks! Hey! What about me?!

I decided to be bitter and left the Besta water in the pocket at the back of the seat.


On my laptop playing peek-a-boo

My laptop refused to turn on the past few days. So much for lugging it all the way back home and then dying on me. It was stuck at the start-up screen thing. Gosh, I don't know what you call it. It says Press F2 to Set Up. Erm, OK. It gave a "Beep!" sound when I pressed F2 and then remained status quo. Hmm. SMS Burn. Burn is the only person who gets my computer problems even though I don't really know how to explain the problem. Seriously, Burn, we miss you at the office. Did you know that this guy from HP (and with sour face) screwed up my pc?! Ahem. By the way, he just replied by SMS and I did what he told me to do and voila! PC is back. So Burn is both hot and efficient. All IT guys should be like this.


On tomorrow being Monday

Yippee. ha... ha.

3 comments:

*sho* said...

14 stations in church? i dont understand.. eat ikan bilis and drink malta, vonne. helps for blooooood circulation (dont mind the O's :P)

feeling a-ok?

yvonne lee said...

hmm the 14 stations represents the 14 events that took place from the moment Jesus took the cross till he was cruxified... first fall under the cross, second.. met whom... etc...

ooh ikan bilis no probs... i like... but then i don't think i can do malta... a bit eeky... thanks anyways and yes i'm A-ok! :D

Anonymous said...

parents must be wondering: how on EARTH does vonne survive in kl by herself?!?