seriously, I have much to tell... :)

06 April 2008

yvonne can save lives

It has been a while... because "my" wifi has decided to wise up and become "secured" and therefore... Yvonne is at the lobby blogging this. Sigh. Well, at least the couch is comfy. Why is it that no one else in my house is into internet? At all? How can? hmm.

Anyways, another friend has left to join the mini Malaysian community in Macau. I'll miss you JenJen. Hope you don't miss Kg Baru Chilli Pan Mee too much. :D And another friend sort of went over to visit the love of her life. You better come back SL.

-me and Jen Jen-


I also went for my Level 2 Photoshop. Whoa. The possibilities of CS3. I'll never believe what I see in a photo anymore. I wish I had the time to create something out of ordinary photos. Sigh. Time. A forgotten word. Well, here is a random photo of what I did in class.

-Obviously during breaktime-

Er, no, CS3 Level 2 does not cover drawing Vince. :D And Vince just happened to be in the newspaper clipping that I received.


Aaaanyways, sad news and weird picture aside, we had a little suprise visit at the office the other day. I tell you, it is baby boom time. SO many little surprise visits. Can't help featuring Little Wong. Very cute and chubbs. And 'touchy-feely', as cheered on by his dad.. and his mom. 0_0

-my desk was a playground! Whee!-

So back to the main thing. I can save lives now! I went for First Aids and CPR Training last week. Seriously! Step aside people!



So we learned how to administer First Aid and CPR and also how to save choking people and various ways to turn victims without hurting them further. It was a very useful training. I recommend everyone to go for it because we can really make a difference.

One of the more fun topic was the Bandage chapter. We bandaged arms, legs, lost fingers etc etc. Well, if your eyes were hurt, you can't bandage one it. So we used "Calciyum" yoghurt cups to "protect the eyes". Of course, in a real situation, any small plastic cup will do. And bandage both eyes to cover the vision so the victim will rest his eyes.


Well, sometimes you might hurt both eyes >>


Later on, we had "Real Life Situations". We were broken into groups and given different scenarios to solve. I must say the make up was very realistic. Here you go:


And here's me doing some first aid!


*Clap! Clap! Clap!!*

And a less glamorous one saving Choking Charlie (as he is fondly known)...

*clap.*

:D

3 comments:

Philip said...

can u save me from hunger? yvon?

*sho* said...

omg, the makeup's VERY very realistic! o_0

yvonne lee said...

philip, can! let's go makan!!

shobee, yes very realistic! we were all feeling the "pain" when we saw it... pretty kan cheong too...