seriously, I have much to tell... :)

21 September 2009

camerons : in touch with nature

Just about 2 weeks ago I went to Cameron Highlands! It was pretty much impromptu and I love impromptu trips! I love the whole Just Go spirit! So here we gooo... on a healthy diet and fresh air trip!

winding

winding...

oh the roads are so curvy... getting dizzy... my butt is moving from left to right... my head is swaying! help!

Luckily, everyone survived the whole ordeal. Some resorted to drugs but I just ate some pringles and went to sleep. Haha.. whatever works.


First stop: Strawberry farm!!

So cute!!!!!!!!

My first time seeing strawberries and I was very happy. Though it was pretty sunny and hot too.

"wtf. Why is it so hot?"

Being the youngest and first time in Cams, I asked the most questions.

"Why the strawberries so small one?"

because the big ones are protected in the other gated areas.. haha!

And then we went to Kea's Market!

They have sooo many stalls here selling fruits, flowers, corn, vegetables, mushrooms, strawberries strawberries strawberries.

Somehow those aunties keep on trying their selling pitch on my guy colleague and it works all the time..
"Come la leng chai! Buy la.. u buy 4, I give you cheaper!" ok la ok la..

then suddenly she pulls out this huge gigantic packet from the back of the store,

"ah, since you buying so much, why not buy this whole bunch!! cheap only..."


Suddenly, we have like 2 dozens of corn. Suddenly, we have like 20 bags of vege. Suddenly, the car is filled with flowers... oh boy..

Wah! Big eggplant!

Finally we checked in!
Bala's chalet.. do not be deceived by its name because it is actually very English..

Beautiful, quiet and gives us the Smokehouse experience without having to stop by the Smokehouse.


I want to own this place!!!
Our chalet which opens out to the courtyard with lots of chilling spots..There you have 5 hoteliers coming up with brilliant ideas to spruce up this place and market it.. damn I want this property.

Anyways, we decided to drive to the "atas" Equatorial for a look and yes, beautiful view...
but boring rooms...

Then we went to look at all those flower shops along the roads.. Here they sell everything in pots - flowers, chillies, cactus, strawberries...




Then we headed to the night market which is only available on Fridays and Saturdays...

Lotsa food on offer!Strawberry ice cream too!
But I still prefer Verry Verry Strawberry at BR.. :D

We had steamboat which was very regular but one thing great is the vegetables are free!!! just top up as much as you want.. it is freeeee!

We even had durians.. but too excited so no photos here.. haha..

At the night market, they sold everything that they offer such as fruits, flowers, vege and strawberries.. but also a lot of merchandise with strawberries on it. It is funny how Cams have strawberries as its icon. Even pyjamas bright orange pyjamas with strawberry prints! I told my friend that wearing that will totally spoil anyone's love life.

It rained in the evening (bummer) but the next morning, we woke up to a beautiful morning!!

Cold and misty... just the kind of temperature we need. Like, it was hot yesterday and we were like, wtf??

So cold! I like!!! See :D it's like I can imagine the scene in Twilight here up in the mountains...


And just the right setting to visit my favourite place of them all!!


The tea plantation!!
Chan!

That's where we're going to have breakfast!! coming up!!
On the way... hungry... but want to take photos like no tomorrow...

I'm sooo impressed with what I see here..
Beautiful architecture and design...

Loved the whole semi outdoor atmosphere and well taken care facilities...

We had breakfast right at the edge itself!

Partly due to my whining...

"Don't want to sit here! must sit outside!!!"

because it was full outside where the view is the best but lucky lucky... some uncles were leaving...
we had the obligatory scones with butter and jam.. delicious! and the tea was of course gold blend... and then there was a little squel from me "I want nasi lemak!!"

Eating nasi lemak here is so nice. It's cold and the sambal is hot.. can only be described as "shiok".

Beautiful! I want a weekend house here!!!
If only the roads are not so windy..

The whole Tea Centre is filled with history of Boh and it was artfully done..


And I find Mr Boh adorable! How come I never knew about him... hmm Comms not strong..
We also had a tour of the tea factory... oh.. cannot tahan the smell here... The strong tea smell as the leaves are crushed and rolled..
Finally, we left with a very satisfied tummy of scones and tea...

I'll miss you!

But not before stopping by Kea's Market for more strawberrys and vege shopping...

No comments: