seriously, I have much to tell... :)

05 August 2009

Sexy Lips are taking a retreat!

Oh man! It's been a while...


I've just been too busy to think of anything interesting at all to post here. I mean, lotsa new things are happening but I can't just go like this:

"Wow, today, I learn the techniques of speaking to clients. This is interesting to me because I have not done this before and I'm really nervous about meeting clients on my own soon."

or like this:

"So today I met a very nice client who even offered me a cup of tea while I talked about my hotel."

or about Bee again:

"Today I brought Bee for a shower again and he squeaked in delight and wagged its tail".


Yawnz.


So, today I accompanied our Japanese sales manager on one of the visits and while waiting for a client to appear, which is when I sometimes feel makes them feel nice and important, I suddenly thought that hey, this is really funny. Even the receptionists were trying not to LOL at us.


I spy with my little camera...


Oh man, those security guards point their temperature guns at us and shoved this onto our faces. "Wear this".

OK...

Now, if a Sales Manager has lips like Angelina and uses it to her advantage by capturing the attention of the clients or whatever is in their imagination, she'll have to re-think her strategy now. Maybe wear more perfume or edgier outfits to leave an impression.

We were told to put these masks on right after we "secretly behind-the-scene" reapplied lipstick and gloss in perfect alignment with the contours of our lips whilst being careful not to cause "lipstick bleeding".

"Aiyo, next time no need to put lipstick anymore. Wasting!"
"If I have to wear this again, I'll have to reapply foundation before the next visit!"
"The client won't even know if we are smiling at them you know!"
"I think it is smearing my lipstick now."
"Ya, how are they going to know if we are sincere??"
"Now we have to really work on the eye make up la because all the attention is there!"
"Do I have to speak louder?"
"Eh, is this mask clean or not. Did you see the guard holding it? Not very clean yah"


And our meaningless rants and questions go on until the client appears, feeling nice and important.


Somehow, the duration of "waiting for the client to show up at the reception" churns out the funniest moments of my sales calls. Maybe I will record more of it to create another chapter in my life. o_O

No comments: