seriously, I have much to tell... :)

23 August 2009

H1N1 days...

Now, everywhere I go there are people taking my temperature to make sure I don't have a fever.

Temperature taken when clocking in for work, when I walk past the KL Convention Centre (and gets an orange sticker if I pass) and also at entrances to offices and factories that I visit.

Occasionally there is also a bottle of alcohol hand sanitiser to encourage you to sanitise your hands. Some smell good (brands like Dettol and Eskulin), some smell like it didn't try hard enough to mask its chemical properties. Some are placed in beautiful glass pump bottles (ala Ikea), some in industrial size plastic bottles (ugly), some in electronic sensor dispensers (cool).

Some even provide face masks to those who opt for a safer journey ahead.

All very good measures to protect ourselves from the deadly virus. But embarassing when the thermometers are prone to hiccups! Or when your temperature fluctuates...

"Why you always got temperature one??" asks my colleagues.

I don't!! It's just the thermometers.

Some use those ear scans, some use those laser scans on foreheads, some use those temperature piece placed on the foreheads for a few seconds (slow).


Recently I got a forehead scan and failed!

"Wah, 41 darjah selsius! Miss, you tak boleh masuk ofis kita la!"

Cannot be!!!! try again!!

"Sekarang 38.5. Pun tak boleh la..."

So, how did my temperature change from 41 to 38.5 in 3 seconds? I totally do not trust your little machine and plus the fact that I drove so far away in the heat to come here! GRRR! (temperature rising).


And another encounter at work (building up a line)

"OMG, Yvonne, 39.5! You can MC today la! hahaha!" *some colleagues gasped, stepping a little further away from me*

Cannot!!! I have appointments already~~~ Try again!

*digs around for ear scan instead*
"Oh, 36, OK pass... Happy working!


Why ah?...

1 comment:

Philip said...

no wonder lah!!!!