seriously, I have much to tell... :)

24 February 2008

In The Name Of Wisdom

It is Sunday night and am waiting for the weekly series Ghost on 8TV. I must say I am actually liking this show! A pretty good story but most probably used in numerous Singaporean dramas (both Chinese and English) a decade ago. Filming style is pretty refreshing too. I don't know all the jargons here but somehow it is new. A good step forward! They didn't forget to make it really Malaysian. Manglish, the -lahs, datins etc, all included. Only thing is, they can't decide when Zack Imran(Nazrudin Rahman), the titular role, can or cannot touch things. Sometimes he can go through doors and can't seem to pick up a glass of water but sometimes he could. Anyways, it's on!

*note - loved the opening soundtrack too!


Advert time. Alamak. My wisdom teeth are coming out. Two are already poking their noses out and another two are making their presence felt. So itchy-butted me went to see the dentist. I have this very naive thought of removing all four because they are sometimes painful and I just feel like getting them over and done with.

I'm lucky I had a conversation with my housemate first or the dentist will be having an absolutely fun day laughing at me. "Good morning dentist! Oh, today I want to remove all my wisdom teeth!"

It seems that a wisdom tooth needs surgery to be removed and one would need X-ray first too. Wow. And then I thought, why not remove the one next to the wisdom tooth? To this, my housemate said, "Maybe".

So I went to the dentist hoping to get some sort of solution to this irritation. I waited 20 minutes for my turn (thank God my dad made an appointment for me) but I was only granted 2 minutes on the precious dental chair.

"Ah, let me see. Oh, so this one and this one coming out. Not a problem, not a problem. If you wanna remove, need surgery. But if it is not too painful, let it grow out."

Oh. Just like that? And then he asked me if I have allergies and prescribed some antibiotics and pain killers.

"Oh, just like that? Can you clean out my teeth? Maybe do some scaling?"

"No lah. Let me see. Not necessary lah."


I stepped out of the clinic feeling like I have just wasted my 22 minutes. And on top of that, I have to take antibiotics.


My dad dutifully asked, "So how was it?"

"The dentist tak layan me at all!"


Then he made some excuses for the dentist (his old friend) and told me at least we can have fried battered calamari later.

No comments: