seriously, I have much to tell... :)

25 June 2009

what's the fucking point?

OK, very fucking angry right now.

This will be a good lesson to me. Have to put it down in writing (albeit digital one) so I will forever have it carved in my memory and never follow this stupid tradition.


Now, why do we fucking choose to purchase products/services from people we know?


My parents have a very old school thinking that we should buy things from people we know.. like friends, relatives, acquaintances etc because of a few reasons - support their business, solicit discounts, a peace of mind that the goods/services sold will have a quality guarantee.

Like real la.


fuck.


When the product/services screw up, the disadvantages start to show:
1) They apologize and automatically expects forgiveness (which we are obligated to because of the relationship - what we call "close one eye")
2) They give you some excuse/reason and you are compelled to accept (otherwise, does that mean you don't trust your friend?)
3) You can show you are not happy but you cannot complain too much because you have to "give face"


and this, ladies and gentlemen, is the fucking problem.


What more if that friend/relative/acquaintance is your parent's friend/relative/acquaintance which automatically upgrades them to "senior" level whereby you practically cannot do anything about it but sulk and wait for the slow recovery of the situation.

and I hate that whole "nothing you can do about it" situation.

fuck.


Like, will you choose to eat a mediocre plate of, say, char kuay teow just because the owner of the stall is your friend when you know you can get a superb and famous one next door selling at the same price with people queueing up to buy it. The only problem is the queue. Or maybe also sometimes it would be more expensive.

BUT at the end of the day, I know I'm getting a good plate of char kuay teow. And I eat it to satisfaction with I can tell the stall owner "good job!" and when the chef does a bad job, I can tell him, "why nowadays you don't add enough si-ham one?". If it was that your father's friend who cooked it, can you do that? NO. and you go home fhungry. and fangry.

SO. No more buying things from people I know. If there are people queueing up to buy from you, then OK lah. THEN I will use my friendship with you to get you to sell it to me first.

No comments: