seriously, I have much to tell... :)

17 August 2008

Cheering on Lee Chong Wei

I just came back from a mamak where I was cheering together with hundreds of other patrons for Lee Chong Wei in the Olympic badminton men singles finals against Lin Dan of China.

Go, Chong Wei! Go!


Everytime he scores, the whole mamak erupts into cheers and claps. Every single time! But of course that is just about 20 times throughout the game. I have never experience this before. I guess football fans do it all the time and I never did understand but now I know how it feels like. It is nice.

It is amazing how sports can inspire this sense of belonging. Everyone comes together. We were cheering like as if he could hear us hundreds of miles away.

Chong Wei didn't win but it's OK. You're still my fave sports hero! (As in, you top Kimi Raikonen anytime!) :D I'm going to play more badminton now because of you.


I once blogged about sitting at a table next to him in a Dim Sum restaurant and I couldn't place who is he until he left. How stupid! This was about 2 years back. I kept on telling people, "Hey! I had dim sum next to Lee Chong Wei before, OK!" And then AhBin will tell me that his parents are his parents neighbour. etc etc. Trying to outdo each other in knowing him more that the other.

Now, if I see him anywhere at all, I'll make sure I squel, take a photo with him and have him autograph something and then give him a great big hug. *nod*.

No comments: